11. The Trust Hall
Opposite the 'Green', where the new Hail now is, stood the wooden Trust Hall, built on land donated by William G. Free. The hall had a Grand Opening in 1914 and was a popular venue for dances and other get-togethers, such as the post match cricket activities.
It too burnt down, but the house next door survived. In 1967 there was no water supply, but, thanks to the electricity which came in 1942, some tanks had pumps. Many streets were also unmade.